Head of Mission Systems
Overview of Position: The Head of Mission Systems is to provide technical direction and leadership to avionics and airborne surveillance systems capability and portfolio.Main Responsibilities of Position: Leverage of strong domain knowledge and experience in the field of avionics and airborne surveillance systems in order to:
Attributes of the successful candidate
- Support the development and implementation of the business strategy for the Special Missions Business Unit;
- Drive technical innovation in the development of market propositions and solutions to capture and retain clients.
- Senior level engagement within Gama and also external customers, regulatory authorities, suppliers and partners.
- Hands on technical leadership across the project lifecycle:
- Management of the customer interface throughout, ensuring that the company is represented in a positive manner. Including development of requirement development of the design solution through to the implementation
- Analysis of user requirements and performance metrics to develop innovative and cost-effective technical solutions;
- Development of pricing models to support bid submissions and internal investment;
- Collaboration with the in-house Service Line comprising Design and Engineering teams to ensure customer requirements have been captured and that the solution is delivered to expectations
- Manage Part 21 J, DAOS and A8-21 organisations ensuring full compliance against regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Membership of the Special Missions Leadership team, contributing to the operational running of the business and strategic decision making.
Due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 20 working days then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Strong domain knowledge of avionic and airborne surveillance with an established network within the community
- Gravitas to engage at executive level, both within Gama and also external stakeholders.
- Capability to act as design CVE within own specialist areas – preferably avionics.
- Proven track record in leadership of technical teams within the field of avionics and airborne surveillance systems.
- Thorough and current understanding of the regulatory framework and an ability to hold the regulatory position as specified by form 4 for Head of Design.