/ Position: BOH Ground Handler / Hangar Assistant
/ Location: Bournemouth Airport
/ Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience
/ Conditions: Must hold a valid UK Driving Licence and have access to their own vehicle. Must meet the requirements to hold a valid Airside Security Pass and Airside Driving Licence. Physically fit and able to work day and night shifts.
Reporting to TBC
Accountable to Bournemouth Engineering Manager
Principle contacts Internal: Pilots, Ground Handling staff, Engineering staff, and Health & Safety
External: Third-party Flight Crew and Suppliers
The BOH Ground Handler / Hangar assistant role is an integral part of the engineering and maintenance team structure, ensuring effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the company’s business activities.
The role is responsible for the safe ground handling operation of company and third-party aircraft and maintaining the safe operation of the hangar.
The BOH Ground Handler is principally responsible for the following tasks as directed by the BOH Supervisor:
• Comply with the processes, policies and procedures incorporated in the Ground Handling Procedures Manual to handle company and third-party aircraft.
• Complete aircraft towing operations.
• Assist with aircraft refuelling operations
• Maintain required records in relation to ground handling operations.
• Assist with the loading/unloading of patients to air ambulance aircraft.
• Escort Ambulances on site as required.
• Facilitate security escorting of contractors as required.
• Act as duty First Aider and Fire Marshall.
• All other duties as reasonably requested by line management/supervisors..
• Apron FOD checks.
• Excellent communication skills with a range of audiences, including management.
• A passion for service delivery with knowledge of working in a highly regulated industry.
• Experience of working in an airport ramp environment, preferably with experience of
towing aircraft and driving HGV type vehicles is desirable.
• An efficient and organised personality.
• Self-motivated and willing to learn and self-develop.
• Basic knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to exercise time management to fulfil the role as directed.
Due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 20 working days then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.