/ Position: Customer Support and Planning Engineer
/ Location: Bournemouth Airport
/ Salary: Dependent on experience
/ Reporting To: Base Maintenance Manager
Working as part of the engineering/145 department the Customer Support and Planning Engineer will assist in managing planned and scheduled maintenance inputs.
Supporting 145, commercial and technical records team members, the Customer Support and Planning Engineer will work closely with the contracted customers to manage internal and external communications, with a focus on ensuring contracted customers’ scheduled requirements are known and tracked.
Main Responsibilities include:
- 145 activity long forecasting
- Ensuring that our contracted customers scheduled requirements are known, applicable hrs or calendar requirements are tracked to assist in effective engineering resource planning, this assists in hangar load scheduling ahead of work input dates being confirmed and booked.
- Multisite planner and schedule updates
- Responsible for updating and adjusting the work planner spreadsheet, adjusting as required for input movements and planned/delayed output dates.
- Customer service and client contact
- Ensuring clients are supported and responded to throughout the input, ensuring scheduling and preloads are in place and confirmed, input dates are communicated to the relevant departments, ensure daily updates are sent regarding the current status of the aircraft and chasing any outstanding actions. Liaise between engineering, technical services and commercial departments as required.
- Provide work planned and in progress brief
- Provide briefings for engineering departmental management on a regular basis.
- Must have recent and relevant industry experience
- Technical ability
- The role will require a good level of technical understanding and ability so that work being performed is understood and that additional requirements can be effectively planned for.
- Cross department understanding
- Have the ability to understand and assist other departments as required, to build and raise work packages, parts preload/service orders, process and close down work packages at completion, liaise with CAMOs, ensure that CCOs are sent and actioned as may be required.
- Communication skills
- The ability to clearly provide status update reporting, maintaining regular contact and debriefing the engineers on progression. Work with customers to manage expectations.
- International travel may be required from time to time
Full-time 40 hour week, Monday to Friday, with some flexibility required / Benefits: Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Travel Insurance, Group Health Scheme.
Due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 20 working days then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.