MyAirops is seeking a Test Engineer to join a growing team building next generation SaaS products for the aviation industry.This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to grow within the business, and work with the latest technologies and engineering processes.You will be joining a highly collaborative team environment using modern tools and techniques in Agile engineering. As a member of the team you will not only contribute in terms of technical skills but also with respect to process improvement as the team continually look to deliver iterative improvements. With a focus on continuous delivery, test automation, exploratory testing and the use of cloud technologies.Role overview:
The Test Engineer’s main role is to test features using exploratory and automated approaches. As a test engineer you will recognise the importance of exploratory testing and automation as part of the software engineering lifecycle. You you will be comfortable testing complex data, user interfaces and apps across multiple technologies.
The test engineer is responsible for:
The test engineer’s success criteria include:
- Ensuring development work is tested to the required standards.
- Working closely with architects and team in aspects of the design and development of solutions.
- Develop test automation while maintaining and enhancing frameworks and test tools.
- Maintain test deployments and CI pipeline for automation.
- Maintaining and resolving issues alongside the team.
- Understanding customer requirements and working alongside the product owner to assure acceptance criteria are met.
- Collaborating with other members of the team.
Personal Skills:Strong collaborative team player with Agile Scrum experience and able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Minimising future coding related support issues including bugs.
- Maintaining a team ethic centred on the successful delivery of projects to agreed quality and timescale.
- Ability to understand customer requirements and work alongside the software engineers in the delivery of applicable solutions.
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve professional success.
- Resourceful, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Good attention to detail.
- Appreciation of the bigger picture for end to end data communication between differing systems written within different technologies.
- Ability to work well under pressure, both as part of the team and on own initiative.
- Confident and able to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
The technical skills/experience required are:
- SQL, C#, Cypress.IO
- Experience testing SPA e.g. Angular, React
- Exploratory testing experience.
- SQL Server scripting and maintenance
- General network knowledge: HTTP/S and asynchronous web communications
- Git, CI/CD (Azure DevOps)
- Collaborative environments (ideally VSTS)
- Agile engineering process
Further experience, but not essential, are:
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (specifically Azure)
- Knowledge of microservices and testing service integrations.
The role will be based in the ASL main office at Farnborough Airport, Hampshire.
Due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 20 working days then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.